We are excited to offer homebirth to the Baltimore community! Bayla has been a midwife since 2008. She attended births for eight years in a hospital based setting and has been attending homebirths since then! Homebirth safety is very important to us; everything we do is focused on providing evidence-based, individualized care that addresses a family's specific needs. All studies have shown that continuity of care and a relationship with a known midwife is the single most important factor in birth safety- which we are privileged to be able to provide each of our clients whether they birth at home or if they need to receive higher levels of care from physicians. We strive to provide compassionate, holistic, and culturally-sensitive midwifery care guided by the Midwives Model of Care™ to every family who seeks it, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Our Birth Package Includes:
- All Prenatal Care – usually 8-12 visits, including one home visit at 36 weeks
- Prenatal Visits are 30-60 minutes long on average to ensure all your questions are answered
- Flexible appointment times, including evenings, so they fit into your schedule with no wait time
- In-office blood draws so you don’t need to go to a lab
- Referrals for ultrasounds and genetic testing as desired
- Attendance during labor and birth by two licensed midwives, or a midwife and trained birth assistant (no additional birth assistant fee)
- Initial newborn assessment at birth, with Vitamin K and erythromycin administration if desired
- Newborn Critical Congenital Heart Defect (CCHD) Screening and Newborn Metabolic Screenings performed
- 3-5 postpartum visits, including two in your home: at 24-48 hours and one week postpartum. An optional 3-4 week visit and a standard 6-week visit are included. Additional visits available if desired for additional fee.
- Regular availability from 9am-9pm on a non-emergent basis for questions and concerns
- 24-hour availability for emergent issues and labor
- Direct availability by phone, text, and email
- Birth pool and equipment for waterbirth and hydrotherapy
- All birth supplies are included
- Lactation consult after birth – we cover the travel fee and they bill your insurance
- 2 complementary chiropractic adjustments courtesy of Thrive Chiropractic
Thank you for being so much more than healthcare providers. You gave us knowledge, encouragement, reassurance, validation, respect and warmth along every step of the preparation and birth. I cannot imagine a better experience and will miss seeing you all regularly! - Jillian
Well Woman/Gynecological/Conception and Contraception Care
We are able to provide annual well-body checkups as well as:
If you are looking for a birth photographer, we highly recommend Nikki Williams. Midwife Nikki’s first love is birth photography and she reserves one space per month for a birth photography client. She is happy to photograph Charm City Midwives births at a special rate!
If you are hoping to minimize people at your birth due to COVID-19 precautions but are hoping to have your birth beautifully documented, Nikki is able to act as birth assistant and photographer.
Her portfolio can be seen at bedheadbirth.com
We also welcome any birth photographer of your choice and can provide several recommendations!