Fees and Insurance Coverage
As of March 2022 we will no longer be in-network with any insurance companies. We can still bill your birth out of network.
The self-pay fee for the Home Birth Package is $5500 or $5000 early pay discount if paid by 30 weeks. A non-refundable deposit of $800 is required up front to initiate care and then a payment plan can be developed to pay off the remainder by 36 weeks. After the birth of your baby, we will bill your insurance company for all care, and whatever they pay out, minus billing fees, will be reimbursed to you.
We are in-network with CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield and Amerigroup for non-pregnancy related care through Feb 2022.
This fee includes:
- Midwife and student midwife or birth assistant attending your birth
- All Prenatal care
- Labor, birth and all postpartum care
- Initial Newborn Assessment at birth
- 3-4 postpartum visits
- Regular availability from 9am-9pm on a non-emergent basis for questions and concerns.
- 24 hour availability for emergent issues
- Lactation Consultant visit at your home within the first few days after birth
- 2 Chiropractic visits at Thrive Chiropractic 443-991-4703 www.thrivechiro.org
- Birth Supplies
The fee does not include (these are usually billed directly to your insurance):
- Lab work – includes blood work, vaginal cultures, etc.
- Hospital visits
- Referrals or consults with other providers
- Medications, herbs, or supplements
- Extra testing such as non-stress tests
If you are out-of-network, we work with a billing company that has extensive experience billing home births and midwifery services. Their fees are:
Verification of Benefits – $25
Submitting Final Bill after birth – $50 + 8% off fees paid by insurance company
If finances are an issue, please let us know so we can develop a solution. All fees are payable with a payment plan over the length of your pregnancy. A deposit of $800 is necessary to start care.
Other Service Fees and Coverage
Our Well Woman/Well Body, gynecological care, contraception management, pre-conception counseling, and other related services can be billed to insurance.
Self-pay fees are:
We are able to accept payment via cash, check, credit card, Venmo, Cashapp, Zelle, and Paypal.
You may use Health Savings or Flexible Spending Accounts to pay for our services.